Tuesday, September 8, 2009

絶望した!私の予算は絶望した!

Well, new clothes are definitely now on the backburner. Animate is Heaven, and Heaven is Animate. Eight floors of pure anime goodness - anything you can imagine is there - just do a bit of searching and you WILL find it. Now before y'all panic, I was conscientious of my budget and only splurged a bit - around $100. That falls well within the 'birthday present to self' category. Anyway, I figure, I won't be doing too much spending after school starts, so might as well get some of it out of my system right off the bat.

Here are the eight layers of Animate:

Floor 1: Anime Food and Monthly Magazines
Floor 2-4: Manga, Manga, and more Manga!
Floor 5-6: Character Goods and Show Merchandise
Floor 7: CDs
Floor 8: DVDs and Games

I made separate purchases on floors 1, 3, and 5. I now have a small mountain of anime swag that cost me about half or less what it would have cost me in America. Good times. I was even practical - some of the things I got were school supplies. Who says you can't have it both ways?

Now I'm just going to take the rest of the afternoon off, having had a home-cooked lunch of instant rice and instant curry (I'm planning to have a lot of that this year - om nom nom nom!). Before too long, I will be getting regular rice and using one of the house rice cookers to make it - cheaper and more practical that way. I might even go back to Animate to get rice - they have Basara-branded rice!

I'll work on getting some pictures of my room up later today.

絶望した!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! OM NOM NOM NOM Meim!! I am pleased Ian!! lol I hope the instant curry is worth it! lol

    Sounds like Animate IS Heaven!!! ... God dammit! (i'm sexy? lol?) I need to get over there someday!!!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete