Saturday, October 3, 2009

絶望した!一日休みは絶望した!

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. Not too much to report, other than that classes are going well (if long). In all, it's a good thing because with the amount of time that I'll need to do commute, classes, and homework, I'll have about 70% of my time filled. Add in another 15% for work (when it finally comes around), and I'm going to have a practically full schedule full of progress and good work. Plus, it means that I'll have plenty to distract me from the continuous flood of anime and other wonderful distractions this town has to offer. I have to concentrate, and it's good to load up. Since my last posting of my class list, one significant change has been made - I dropped Meiji Diplomacy because of inconvenient scheduling (I would have had a massive block of time on campus with nothing to fill it while waiting for this class to start) and I decided to swap it out for a graduate-level seminar on Kant, offered by the international center. All my professors are fantastic, and it should be a very solid semester. Japanese classes meet for two 90-minute blocks on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and so things tend to become a little weary towards the end of each class. Still, I'll either get used to it or learn to deal. As long as I have a good breakfast before dashing out the door, I'm usually all right.

The one thing that's been a bit of a stunt over the last few days is learning to deal with package deliveries within the city - primarily being on the receiving end of them. Unlike in the states, where you just have to have a mailbox and a place to drop the box, packages over here require a live person-to-person transfer. Consequently, you are given a timeframe of when the package will be delivered, and you have to be home in that period of time. Also, apparently there is more than one building in this area that uses the same numerical address that this house uses, so it apparently was delivered to the wrong one last time and sent back to the local depot. I got in touch with the delivery service and we have supposedly sorted out the issue. It should arrive sometime between 2-4 PM today, so I'm relatively housebound until it's delivered. Also, if the delivery service has an issue finding the place, this time we've got phone contact as a backup plan. We'll see how it goes. If I do get it today without a hitch, then I'm taking myself out this evening to find Mister Donut, which seems to disappear after being found. Odd little adventures...

絶望した!

UPDATE: I got the package, so all is right with the world.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about wearyness. I have two hour long rehearsals for band. By the end of those I'm ready to bolt!

    ReplyDelete